The National Economic Empowerment Fund Limited (NEEF), a licensed Microfinance Institution wholly owned by the Government of Malawi invites applications from suitably qualified persons with proven hands-on microfinance or banking experience to fill the following positions tenable at the Head Office:
1. Financial Accountant ( 1 )
Reporting to Head of Office.
Key duties and responsibilities;
• Assisting the head of finance in designing and implementing effective internal control systems aimed at safeguarding organisational assets.
• Preparation and timely submission of management accounts that include branch profitability reports and profit forecast.
• Assisting the head of finance in planning and budgeting.
• Preparation of operating cash flow and forecasts.
• Ensuring that daily and monthly bank reconciliations are done filed properly.
• Ensuring that daily and monthly disbursements reports are done and correctly.
• Ensuring that repayment reconciliations are done and reconciled properly.
• Preparations of loans and savings portfolio reconciliations.
• Preparation of general ledger reconciliations.
• Preparation of working papers in readiness for external audit.
• Preparation of financial statements.
• Producing reports in compliance with the company policy, regulatory and statutory.
• Preparation and timely submission of income tax returns and annual reports to key stakeholders.
• Offer leadership and supervision to the accountants responsible for management accounting and financing accounting.
• Oversee the running and maintenance of accounting systems and software.
• Maintaining cash books and reconciliations at head office and branch level.
• Assisting the Head of Finance to carry out administrative functions including recruitment, training, and job appraisals.
• Preparations of lenders reports including debt covenant monitoring.
• Performing cost-sensitive analysis.
• Preparation of daily balance sheet reports.
• Preparation and circulation of ALCO packs.
• Assisting the head of finance in the preparation of board papers.
• In charge of due diligence documents and other audits conducted by Central Bank and others.
• Preserving the organisation’s image in ensuring that creditors are paid timely.
• Providing support to the head office and the branches in preparation of the business plans and the budgets.
• Assisting the head office of finance in managing the treasury functions of the company.
• Any other duties as may be assigned by management from time to time.
Qualification and Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accountancy or Finance plus a professional qualification in accounting i.e. ACCA/CIMA.
• Five years professional experience in a microfinance institution or similar senior position in a banking/financial institution.
• Knowledge of accounting packages.
• Attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
• Effective supervising, leading and delegating tasks and authority.
• Be adaptable and able to meet deadlines on assignments.
2. RECONCILIATION OFFICER (2)
Reporting to the Head of Finance, this is a very important position that requires a mature person with proven hands-on experience from a financial institution, agility and ability to work with minimum supervision, and aptitude to handle multiple complex tasks without losing attention to detail.
The primary accountability of the incumbent will be to ensure that the Fund has up-to-date and well-reconciled accounts that support management reports and financial statements with the following as some key responsibilities:
• Ensure that all Product Balances are timely reconciled and that listing balances tally with general ledger balances in the Accounting Reporting System(ACCPAC);
• Offer training to branches and business units on reconciliations;
• Assist in the preparation and filing of audit schedules for use by both internal and external auditors;
• Investigate and report fraud where the reconciliation reveals such malpractice;
• Facilitate and coordinate the upload of batches from remote areas to the main server;
• System architecture and infrastructure developments in product developments, general ledger creation, chart of accounts amendments.
• Devise simple and less time-consuming reconciliation techniques and tools using computer skills and imparting the same knowledge to the team.
• Champion both internal and external integration initiatives among systems.
• MIS coordination within ICT, Finance, and Operations depts.
Qualifications and experience
• Degree in Financial Accounting Banking or Finance from a recognised and accredited institution.
• With at least 2 years of relevant experience.
• Knowledge of accounting packages.
• Applicants must be mature, of high integrity, and capable of working with minimum supervision.
Method of Application
Interested individuals who meet the above requirements should submit their applications, copies of certificates, and updated CVs with at least three (3) traceable referees indicating on the envelope the position being applied for not later than 18th May 2021 to:
The Acting Chief Executive Officer
National Economic Empowerment Fund (NEEF) Limited
P.O. Box 779
Only shortlisted applicants will be acknowledged.